WSCS BM & GA 2014, May 14-16, Vienna
Dear collegues and fellow sturgeon enthusiasts,
Almost one year has vanished following the 7th ISS in Nanaimo and therefore it becomes high time to think and plan for this year’s General Assembly and Board Meeting. Using this as an excuse, we would like to introduce you to the venue site of the 8thISS in Vienna. We will have to do some joint planning for the preparation of the next Symposium and to give you a first idea about what is to come, we would like to introduce you to the hosts of the 2017 conference.
This years General Assembly will be held at the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences (BOKU) in Vienna by the Institute for Hydrobiology and Aquatic Ecosystem Management.
For accommodation the following hotels are recommended, which are in the vicinity of the University.
Of course, the agenda also foresees an update on ongoing issues by the Board as well as a "Regional workshop on development of concepts for in-situ and ex-situ measures for the Danube region" that will be held on the 15th of May.
WSCS General Assembly 2014
May 15th 2014, 16:00 – 18:00 h
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences (BOKU)
Institute for Hydrobiology and Aquatic Ecosystem Management
Gregor Mendel Str.
- Opening of the meeting and Welcome by the President
- Welcome address by the host institution
- Adoption of the Agenda and Local Announcements
- Report on 2013 activities
- WSCS Publications
- - Available publications (prices; distribution)
- - Advertising the availability of the proceedings
- - ISS7 proceedings
- WSCS Website issues
- - New structure of the Website (e.g. membership profile, other issues)
- - Contributions of members to the Website
- Membership development and membership campaign
- Discussion on collaboration of WSCS
- - Overall structure (Strategic development of linkages with national/regional sturgeon Societies )
- - Actions planned
- - Regional sturgeon activities (active input of members welcome)
- Treasurer's Report
- - Annual balance 2013
- - Final Amendments/adjustments of the 2014 budget
- - Planned budget 2015 (tentative proposal)
- - collection of membership fees (regional representatives)
- Status on the preparations for ISS 8
- Miscellaneous items
- Announcing the next Board Meeting & General Assembly
- Closing of the meeting